Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 261 (“HCMUD 261” or “MUD 261”), through the dedication of its Directors and Consultants, is committed to providing the highest quality services at the most economical costs to its customers and taxpayers.
- Know what to do before, during, and after a hurricane.
- Prepare before hurricane season starts. Atlantic hurricane season starts June 1.
- Create an emergency communication plan with your family before a hurricane.
- Have emergency supplies in place at home, at work, and in the car.
- Check your insurance coverage, damages caused by flooding are not covered under normal homeowner’s insurance policies.
- Know your local community’s evacuation plan and evacuation routes and how to receive alerts.
- Listen to local officials.
- Harris County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management