Information Required by Section 26.18, Texas Tax Code and Section 2051.202, Texas Government Code
Click here for information about the District as required by Section 26.18, Texas Tax Code, created by Senate Bill 2 (also known as the Texas Property Tax Reform and Transparency Act of 2019) and as required by Texas Tax Code 2051.202, in compliance with House Bill 1154.
Name of District
Harris County Municipal Utility District 261
Name and Term of Office for Each Board Member
S. Brady Whitaker (Term Expires: 05/2026)
Jason Vanloo (Term Expires: 05/2024)
John F. Oyen (Term Expires: 05/2024)
Larry Goldberg (Term Expires: 05/2026)
Emory Milton Dooley, Jr. (Term Expires: 05/2024)
Contact Information for Main Office of District (Mailing and Physical Address, and Phone Number)
Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 261
2727 Allen Parkway, Suite 1100
Houston, Texas 77019
Official Contact Information for Each Board Member
Same as contact information for main office of district.
If Applicable, Name of the General Manager
The Name of the Person Representing the Operator, Including a Mailing Address and Telephone Number
Mr. Deano Wright
Si Environmental, LLC
Mailing Address: 6420 Reading Rd, Rosenberg, TX 77471
Physical Address: 9835 Whithorn, Houston, Texas 77095
The Name of the Person Representing the Tax Assessor/Collector, Including Mailing Address and Telephone Number
Ms. Pat Hall
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 73109, Houston, Texas, 77273
Physical Address: 17111 Rolling Creek, Houston, Texas 77090
The Rate of the Ad Valorem Tax
- 2023: $0.4508
If Applicable, the Sales and Use Tax Rate
Any Tax Rate Hearing Notice
The taxing unit’s budget for the preceding two years:
The taxing unit’s proposed or adopted budget for the current year:
The change in the amount of the taxing unit’s budget from the preceding year to the current year:
- $130,700, or 12.5595%.
The amount of property tax revenue budgeted for maintenance and operations for the preceding two years and current year:
- See approved budgets.
The amount of property tax revenue budgeted for debt service for the preceding two years and current year:
- The District does not budget for debt service.
The maintenance and operations tax rate for the preceding two years:
- 2021: $0.37
- 2022: $0.3663
- 2023: $0.3508
The proposed maintenance and operations tax rate for the current year:
- 2023: $0.3508
The debt service tax rate for the preceding two years:
- 2021: $0.13
- 2022: $0.1150
- 2023: $0.10
The proposed debt service tax rate for the current year:
- 2023: $0.10
Location and Schedule of Meeting of the District
Location: 2727 Allen Parkway, Suite 1100, Houston, Texas, 77019
Schedule: The District generally meets on the second Thursday of the month at 12:00 p.m.
A Statement that the Residents Have a Right to Request a Designation of a Meeting Location Within the District
Residents of the District have the right to request the designation of a meeting location within the District under Section 49.062(g), Water Code. A description of this process can be found at https://www.tceq.texas.gov/downloads/water-districts/forms/form-20863.pdf.
Each Meeting Notice and Minutes of Meetings for the Current Year and the Preceding 12 Months
The most recent financial audit:
Conflict of Interest Disclosures
- Conflict of Interest Questionnaire for Vendor Doing Business with Local Governmental Agency (Form CIQ)
- Local Governmental Officer Conflicts Disclosure Statement (Form CIS)
- TEC – Conflict of Interest Forms and Instructions
- The Directors and vendors have not disclosed any conflicts pursuant to Texas Local Government Code, Chapter 176.
Energy Consumption Reports
Landowner’s Bill of Rights
Elections – Bonds
The District does not currently have a pending bond election.
Elections – Directors
The next election for the District will be held on May 4, 2024.
To be qualified to serve as a director, a person shall be at least 18 years old, a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and either own land subject to taxation in the district or be a qualified voter within the district.
Director candidacy filing requirements and deadlines are as follows:
To run for election to the District’s Board of Directors, a person must file an application for a place on the ballot. The application must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his designated agent by mail, fax or in person. An application may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-21f.pdf.
- Texas Ethics Commission – Forms and Instructions
- First day to file for place on May 4, 2024 general election ballot is Wednesday, January 17, 2024.
- Last day to file for place on May 4, 2024 general election ballot is by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 16, 2024.
- A person may run for election to the District’s Board of Directors as a write-in candidate and to do so must file a declaration of write-in candidacy. The declaration must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his/her designated agent by mail, fax, email or in person. A declaration form may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-23f.pdf
- Deadline to file write-in candidacy declaration for May 4, 2024 general election is by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 20, 2024.
The location(s) of the election will be posted upon determination.
Election – Documents
- Application For a Place on the Ballot For a General Election For a City, School District or Other Political Subdivision (state.tx.us)
Solicitud de Inscripción para un Lugar en la Boleta de Una Elección General para Una Ciudad, Distrito Escolar u Otra Subdivisión Polĺtica (state.tx.us)
- Candidacy Filing – Local Political Subdivisions
- Water Code Chapter 49 – Provisions Applicable to All Districts
- Water Code Chapter 54 – Municipal Utility Districts